Official Item/Ability Idea Pool

Have any suggestion? Post them here
akuma
Developer

Articles: 1
Battlenet ID: 510

Official Item/Ability Idea Pool

Postby akuma » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:32 pm

Only add the idea but do not discuss it (all discussion will be deleted)

All ideas entered will be in this format to be logged and maybe used at a later date

Name:
Description:
Race:
Type:
Cost:
Energy Cost:
Cooldown:
Range:
Charges:
Notes:

A detailed explanation for the template
explanation:
Name: name of it (can be blank)
Description: a short detailed description of what the ability does
Race: race type zerg/terran/protoss
Type: what type of ability is it? active/passive/consumable
Cost: mineral cost if any
Energy cost: cost of ability if any
Cooldown: time until the ability can be used again if any
Range: range of ability if any
Charges: how many charges the ability uses and the max amount of charges
Notes: if there is anything that should be added that is not outlined by this template

akuma
Developer

Re: Official Item/Ability Idea Pool

Postby akuma » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:39 pm

Name: x
Description: when activated for each charge you have the next incoming damage is reduced to 10 or by 99% (max amount of attacks at 1 time is 4)
Race: x
Type: active
Cost: x
Energy Cost: none
Cooldown: 45-60 seconds
Range: x
Charges: 4
Notes: you gain a charge for every 50 attacks on your hero, the buff last's 20-30 seconds

akuma
Developer

Postby akuma » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:14 pm

Name: Frosty the Snowzealot
Description: Spawns a powerful Snowzealot (A Stone zealot with frozen graphics from that planet with the flash freezes) that uses a freezing beam attack that, the longer it focuses, the slower an enemy is
Race: protoss
Energy Cost: x
Cooldown: x
Charges: x
Notes: The Snowzealot also has a creep clear spell: "Snow...BOULDER?!" Hurls an enormous ball of snow at a target location, has a blast radius of 3 and deals 75(+7.5), 105(+10.5) damage and slows move and attack speeds of enemies hit by the spell by 15%, The Snowzealot may only use the spell once per summon.

akuma
Developer

Postby akuma » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:23 pm

Name: Gravity shift
Description: An AoE root that lasts for 3 seconds can be placed and has no cast time.
Energy Cost: 50
Cooldown: 40/25
Range: 1.5/3
Notes: x

Name: Incinerate
Description: The void rays beams now deal splash for 10/15 seconds
Energy Cost: 40
Cooldown: 40/25
Range: .5

akuma
Developer

Postby akuma » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:26 pm

Name: Turbo Boost/Overcharge boosters
Description: Increases the ravens speed by 100%/200% for 10 seconds. It drains 2/1.5% of the ravens life per second.
Race: terran
Cost:
Energy Cost: 60
Cooldown: 60
Range:
Charges:
Notes:

Drake Clawfang
Recruit

Battlenet ID: DrakeyC929

Postby Drake Clawfang » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:11 am

Copying my ideas from the suggestion thread, if that's alright. I still think they're viable (though I tweaked some of them).

Name: Argus Amulet
Description: When active, the hero syphons the energy of enemy heroes it attacks at a rate of 3+.5 per attack for a period of 10 seconds.
Race: Protoss
Cost: 500
Cooldown: 20 seconds
Notes: Some quick calculations; At Level 10 drains 8 energy per attack, Level 20, 13. The Hero must attack successfully at least 4 times within 10 seconds to make back the cost to activate the ability, so it's not for everyone.

Name: Deep Tunnel
Description: The hero charges for 2 seconds, then burrows to surface at target area with friendly creep.
Race: Zerg
Cost: 600
Energy Cost: 100
Cooldown: 30 seconds
Range: 100
Notes: Upon surfacing the hero is stunned for one second. Cancels if they are attacked while channeling. Flyers must land to use ability.

Name: Creep Spores
Description: Targeted unit or building is infected with creep spores, causing creep to rapidly expand out from them for 15 seconds (creep spreads to a radius of 7) and granting vision around them in a radius of 6.
Cost: 400
Energy Cost: 30
Cooldown: 20 seconds
Range: 7
Charges: 3
Notes: Gains one charge every 30 seconds. Can target allied or enemy units and buildings including caster.

Name: Berserk Gene
Description: Hero enters a berserker fury for 5 seconds. During this time the hero is immune to stun effects (but not slowdowns) and gains +50 attack speed and +25% damage, but is uncontrollable. After ability wears off the hero experiences a -50% movement speed penalty for 10 seconds.
Energy Cost: 80

Name: Psionic Shot
Description: The hero expends its own energy each time it attacks to power up its attacks. For ten seconds each attack drains 10 energy from the attacking hero to increase damage output by 10+1.5

GodKingFonzy
Ninja

Race: Terran
Battlenet ID: KingGodFonzy-598

Postby GodKingFonzy » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:27 am

Ill most or copy some posts from the other 2 threads latter.
So
<reserved for latter>
put me in the same category as Fus, but never EVER, put me in the same category as corwin

[Candee] Skittles
Corporal

Race: Random
Battlenet ID: Private
Clan: Candee

Postby Skittles » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:02 am

Name: Spectral time decay
Slows movement speed by 25% Effect lasts 6 seconds.
Model is blue protoss rune with 2 radius. (same rune as Soul builder in SquadTD)
Type: Active
Cost: 250 minerals
Energy cost: 40
Cooldown: 12 seconds
Notes: prevents over-extending early on, helps Hybrid Destroyer secure kills

Name: Flash-bang grenade: (medic sedate animation)
Description: Roots target unit for 2.5 seconds. Does 10 damage (+1 per level) bleeding damage from shrapnel over 2.5 seconds
Target is immune to lockdown during the effect and for 10 seconds after the effect.
Cost: 375 minerals
Cooldown: 14
Notes:x

Name: For The Swarm or Fury of the Swarm
Description: Stun immunity, Mutes hero. While effect is underway hero loses .5 health and 2 energy per second until energy is all gone.
Effect stops when all energy is depleted, hero is dead, or item is sold. Hero glows pink or purple.
Cost: 600 minerals
Cooldown: 20
Range: Self-cast
Notes: Hero can't port while effect is underway, must use Nydus and sell the item lol.

Name: Point defense drone
Description: Spawns a point defense drone with 200hp, 100 energy. Uses a laser to shoot down enemy missiles at the cost of 10 energy. Cannot target special attacks. Times out after 180 seconds.
Charges:
Notes: Can only spawn maximum one at a time. Bounty is 12 minerals.

[Gentlemen's City] l)arkangel
Ninja

Battlenet ID: Darkangel
Clan: Gentlemen's City

Postby l)arkangel » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:40 pm

Hero: Preserver
Name: Ice Rink
Description: Upon stepping onto ice, units travel in the same direction at an accelerated movement speed that is dependent on level of the ability. Will travel in that direction until they reach the end of the ice, or until the ice melts.
Duration: 4 seconds
Movement speed Increase while on ice: 25%/50%/75%
Notes: AoE: 2-3 (idk aoe numbers)

Can make ground units overextend. Can help Preserver chase (or another hero on the team). Isn't viable vs all units (air/blink units).
Unique, Effective, Non-universal, has risk, balanced. Synergizes with ice wall and frost bolt (throw down ice rink to catch up to target hero, use frost bolt to slow him down a tad, cast ice wall), can be used as an escape, but isn't as herp derpy as a stun.

Give me iceman, and i might come back to hero attack. I beg of you.
Check out the Official HA3X Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/HeroAttack3X

Guides:
Predator
Preserver
I aint got nothin left in my will, cept throw it all in the casket its mine still

Ixidor
General

Articles: 11

Postby Ixidor » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:48 pm

l)arkangel wrote:Hero: Preserver
Name: Ice Rink
Description: Upon stepping onto ice, units travel in the same direction at an accelerated movement speed that is dependent on level of the ability. Will travel in that direction until they reach the end of the ice, or until the ice melts.
Duration: 4 seconds
Movement speed Increase while on ice: 25%/50%/75%
Notes: AoE: 2-3 (idk aoe numbers)

Can make ground units overextend. Can help Preserver chase (or another hero on the team). Isn't viable vs all units (air/blink units).
Unique, Effective, Non-universal, has risk, balanced. Synergizes with ice wall and frost bolt (throw down ice rink to catch up to target hero, use frost bolt to slow him down a tad, cast ice wall), can be used as an escape, but isn't as herp derpy as a stun.

Give me iceman, and i might come back to hero attack. I beg of you.

I like the creativity, basically I think of Sub Zero when he shoots the ice on the ground and makes enemies slip up, could be a fun skill to use offensively and defensively.

Here's the catch though, imo what would make sense to me... you'd have to make Ice Bolt its (Q) and this Ice Rink it's new (E). And on top of that, Ice Bolt would be toned down a little bit in damage but would hit opponent for like 40/50/60% slow for like 2 seconds, so it'd be more like it's new "slow/poke spell", the rink & wall will be its "creative support actives", and it still has it's R. What you think about that?

(I'm not sure about the Movement Speed increase on ice of 25/50/75%, I think if you actually picture that it'd be a little insane lol, you probably only would need it like 10/15/20% to what the effect you need when I think about it man)

I honestly feel like that would solve pretty much all Pres' issues with redundancy and issue with what to do with Q all at once.

mia
Corporal

Battlenet ID: Miausina

Postby mia » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:44 pm

Hero: x
Description: Fires a fast traveling proyectile that travels at a speed of 5. The proyectile draws all units towards it until it disappears (Like the predator's ultimate).
Race: Protoss.
Duration: 1/1.5/2.0 seconds.

Description: a) Creates a beacon at target location. b) When the target is hit, it begins to warp out. After 5/3 seconds the target is teleported to the beacon. The beacon disappears once used. If hero loses sight to the target, the spell fails. (Can target self, allies or foes).
Race: x
Duration: x

Name: Infest
Description: If cast on creeps: Target unit is infested, after 3 seconds it takes x damage. If the unit is killed by this effect, it releases 2 broodlings. Units close to the explosion take the same effect.

Silphyre
Corporal

Postby Silphyre » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:02 pm

Hero: Archon
Name: Power Overwhelming (active/passive)
Description: (Passive) during power overwhelming ult, immolate skill increases range/damage by 50%/100%
Type: Passive
Cost: N/A
Energy Cost: none, included
Cooldown: included..
Range: +50% / +100%
Charges: N/A
Notes: a small Something to help out the "power-underwhelming" skill vs the many things the archon should excel against but actually doesn't (like weak massed units).

Hero: Archon
Name: Immolation ( active/passive)
Description: (Active: The archon adds 3 range and 1/2/3 damage over time to the immolation ability at the expense of his allies safety. While active, the buffed immolation damages both allies and enemies (Additional Passive: When the archon has 0%/10%/20% or less shields it shines brighter and increases immolation range/damage by 1
Type: skill
Cost: N/A
Energy Cost: 3 energy per second
Cooldown: 10s cooldown
Range increase: 3
Notes: Toggle ability duration is channeled like cloak and wears off with lack of energy and does not last like fly or hellion fire

Silphyre
Corporal

Postby Silphyre » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:50 am

This is an idea for 3 items, one for each race that I call "command items"

Name: Chain of Command
Description: a command item that allows the hero to give one attack command to nearby ai units as a ranking officer
Cost: 250
Energy Cost: 10
Cooldown: 45
Range: 8
Notes:(effects allied units in 8 range, they can be ordered to attack things within 16 range or so before returning to normal lane pushing if they are a unit and not a structure)

Name: Aiurs Battlecry
Description: An empowering warcry that permanently gifts the affected ai units with various bonuses
Cost: 400
Cooldown: 60
Range: 5
Notes: This one doesn't automatically effect nearby units, they have to be in the area you cast the buff on (zealot=charge & +1 armor, stalker =blink backwards after taking a certain amount of damage, Immortals = regular hardened shields w/10 max damage, scouts = damage boost vs air)

Name: Ambush
Description: zerg ai units are ordered to burrow until enemy units get close enough, or until 30 seconds have passed.
Race: zerg
Cost: 250
Energy Cost: 15
Cooldown: 30
Notes: Not really sure what to do about mutalisks since they fly

somen00b
Recruit

Battlenet ID: somen00b

Postby somen00b » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:08 am

Name: Warp In Backup
Description: Targets an allied hero and teleports it to the position of the caster.
Race: Probably Protoss, because they warp stuff all the time right?
Cost: Just energy
Energy Cost: high
Cooldown: long
Range: 500 [global]
Notes: Consider 1 or both of these restrictions if you add this to the game:
-Cannot be used if the caster is in combat.
-Cannot teleport a target that is in combat.

[Defy] Consilience
Lieutenant

Battlenet ID: Consilience
Clan: Defy

Postby Consilience » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:31 am

somen00b wrote:Name: Warp In Backup
Description: Targets an allied hero and teleports it to the position of the caster.
Race: Probably Protoss, because they warp stuff all the time right?
Cost: Just energy
Energy Cost: high
Cooldown: long
Range: 500 [global]
Notes: Consider 1 or both of these restrictions if you add this to the game:
-Cannot be used if the caster is in combat.
-Cannot teleport a target that is in combat.

Is this warp consensual? lol
You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

[Defy] mustardtiger

Battlenet ID: mustardtiger 1398

Postby mustardtiger » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:40 am

Consilience wrote:Is this warp consensual? lol

No means no.

Silphyre
Corporal

Postby Silphyre » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:37 pm

I got nothing concrete yet, but i was thinking of some kind of zerg item that would work on the equipped hero passively on death, or be an active that you cast on other heroes/heroic units that activates on death like a slow on enemies or a frenzy type affect on nearby allies.
Dropping a "biomass" at death that can be picked up for health/energy by another player is a similar idea too.

[Defy] Consilience
Lieutenant

Battlenet ID: Consilience

Postby Consilience » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:27 pm

Silphyre wrote:I got nothing concrete yet, but i was thinking of some kind of zerg item that would work on the equipped hero passively on death, or be an active that you cast on other heroes/heroic units that activates on death like a slow on enemies or a frenzy type affect on nearby allies.
Dropping a "biomass" at death that can be picked up for health/energy by another player is a similar idea too.

Lol, I like the biomass idea.
You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Ixidor
General

Articles: 11

Postby Ixidor » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:40 am

Purification Amulet
I like the current duration, I think it's right, I like the cost and all, but can we switch it back to "Target allied unit"?

I've messed with it a lot, I'm not really liking it or finding it as useful as I woulda thought as a 'self cast'. I think as a support it'd be more useful to use Stasis your carry who gets pulled by enemy team and they try to burst than as something you just target on yourself, and intuitively it just kind of makes more sense. As long as there's no channel time though.

[Gentlemen's City] Nubbins
Developer

Battlenet ID: Nubbins.218
Clan: Gentlemen's City

Postby Nubbins » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:59 pm

Biomass item sounds fun

Purification amulet is mostly good as a flying hero to dodge dweb and pounces.
Puru Puru Pururin~

Silphyre
Corporal

Postby Silphyre » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:17 pm

Posting this properly now, so as not to get deleted*

Name: Biomass Reduction
Description: Gives the hero an aura that reduces it and nearby units to biomass at death that can be picked up by allied heroic units to restore up to 20% health/energy(+10% max per equipped Biomass item up to 50%. Percentage restored could be 1/3 of a percent per mineral of bounty). The chances of reduction for units are as follows and increase for every instance of the item on the same hero or otherwise:
User - 100%
allied heroics - 30%
enemy heroics = 20%
everything else - 10%
Cost: 150
Energy Cost:
Cooldown:
Charges:
Notes: I somehow made this slightly complicated, but it's because I kept thinking about the points at which it overlaps with other items and how useful it is on its own. In the first place, if it just turned everything to biomass it'd be overlapping with vampiric tendencies quite a bit but even more so since there's no reason why it shouldn't work on both sides. It isn't strictly a better version imo because its primary and most reliable function is to drop health/energy on your own death. Later when I got to thinking about transfusion, I decided that it was of course not as reliable as a heal, and that two living heroes are usually better than one. The use of the item by multiple team members and/or in many slots for max effect hopefully makes up for how helpful all the biomass could be since you'd be cutting yourself off of other options by stacking it to be more useful.
Lastly, the description i used here was long in order to describe everything, but an in game description could simply read

"100% chance for user and lesser chance for surrounding units to become biomass at death, chances increased with multiple items(10), also stackable from different sources"

Silphyre
Corporal

Postby Silphyre » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:23 pm

Name: Solarite converter
Description: An item that passively absorbs/reduces 15% spell damage taken/given. Gives 15% energy of spells that hit you.
Energy Cost: N/A
Cooldown: N/A
Range: self
Notes: The idea is that heroes that focus more on auto attacking, or cases where the enemy team has a lot of burst spells, this item could be useful. Of course it would be a trade since it also lowers your spell damage output.

Name: Solarite Absorption
Description: An ability that absorbs spell damage as energy and radiates the excess off as damage. (100% spell damage absorbed/negated on disruptor, effect halved on allies.)
Hero: Disruptor
Ability Type: Active
Requirements: Level 1, 3, 5
Range: self cast, allied aura of 3/4/5
Energy cost: 20
Duration: 3/4/5
cooldown: 60

Level 1: absorption rate of 1 damage to 0.5 energy/damage
Level 2: absorption rate of 1 damage to 1 energy/damage
Level 3: absorption rate of 1 damage to 1.5 energy/damage
*range of damage radiated from the attack determined by spell damage absorbed in increments of 50 with a max of 6 and minimum of 1.

Note: Just some random ideas I had inspired by the disruptor hero

Return to Suggestions